Blocked boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Blocked boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I do some work for a letting agent. Got called to a property with poor heating and hot water. A few rads were just heating and the HW was barely heating. Tenant told me the last guy who was at it put in sludge remover. Ok, so he flushed the system..... No he put 1 litre of X400 in last year in December and just left it. Anyways, I suspected the pump. Usual with this... Pump valves wouldn't shut. Drained the system, water was filthy, took out the old pump which was full of sludge. Flushed the system and re-filled with new pump/valves fitted. Still wouldn't circulate, system is full with no air locks. I tried running the pump round the rads, cylinder and bypass seperately. Heat just would not get out the boiler. So came to the conclusion the boiler must be blocked. Can leaving sludge remover in cause any damage??

I do some work for a letting agent. Got called to a property with poor heating and hot water. A few rads were just heating and the HW was barely heating. Tenant told me the last guy who was at it put in sludge remover. Ok, so he flushed the system..... No he put 1 litre of X400 in last year in December and just left it. Anyways, I suspected the pump. Usual with this... Pump valves wouldn't shut. Drained the system, water was filthy, took out the old pump which was full of sludge. Flushed the system and re-filled with new pump/valves fitted. Still wouldn't circulate, system is full with no air locks. I tried running the pump round the rads, cylinder and bypass seperately. Heat just would not get out the boiler. So came to the conclusion the boiler must be blocked. Can leaving sludge remover in cause any damage??
what boiler is it?

from memory this is a low water content boiler if it was blocked the high limit stat would constantly be kicking in have you checked the boiler over,condition,bp,gas rate etc?

BP was fine. Boiler kept firing then clicking off. When the pump over run was on with the bypass fully open it wouldn't circulate round that, its only about 2m round the boiler. The boiler is old, im trying to push a new boiler.

BP was fine. Boiler kept firing then clicking off. When the pump over run was on with the bypass fully open it wouldn't circulate round that, its only about 2m round the boiler. The boiler is old, im trying to push a new boiler.
sounds like it could be a boiler issue only other explanation is blocked primaries not a easy fault to trace until you start cutting pipes or find the hex blocked up

Tell me bout it Gasman. Trial and error with old systems eh? Been at this fecker for 5 hours already! Hopefully a new boiler will be the outcome!

old systems yep pain in the proverbial go to do a simple job like move a rad and the neutral points blocked solid aND FITTED UNDER THE CYLINDER BY SOME DOUGHNUT NICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
C
Like my system except a longer feed pipe??
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response, they're dreyton...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back