Blocked Hotwater tap. | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Blocked Hotwater tap. in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

J

jc1

My hot tap over my bath is blocked but all other hotwater taps work fine, i believe i need to flush the air blockage out can anybody tell me how to do this please??

Yes i do have a mixer tap can you tell me what to do so i can stop my missis moaning

its happened about 5 times before and it needs to be flushed but i cannot afford to get a plumber out again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
are you sure its airlocked ?
how did it cure before ?

if your sure its airlocked you can block the spout open the hotside and then open the cold side that will push the top backwards to clear air.
try that for a min or two it should clear.

must be cold mains to work not gravity.

Upvote 0
am wi you sonray not sure about air lock how did they connect a mixer tap didnt know you could?
sorry slow typer your to fast sonray buti didnt know you could do that learn somthing new every day

Upvote 0
what do you mean how do you connect a mixer tap ?

a mixer tap in a bathroom mixes in the tap or spout.
a kitchen mixer doesn't mixer to water leaves the spout. they have a tube inside a kitchen mixer that seperates the water.

Upvote 0
get the wifes dish cloth and block the spout, don't need to be 100%.

hold the cloth from blowing out.
turn on hot tap.
then turn on the cold.

cause the water won't come out the spout it will go up the hot feed pipe because the cold mains is stronger pressure than hot gravity.

after about a min turn off the cold and pull the cloth out the hot should be running fast.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Despite your best efforts, hair, from all...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As an experiment could you go away for weekend...
Replies
Views
  • Question
which must be protected by a RCD new circuit...
Replies
Views
Murdoch
M
  • Question
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage...
Replies
Views
Back