Blocked sinks, gurgling and toilet flush problems | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Blocked sinks, gurgling and toilet flush problems in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Started having drainage problems yesterday. The washing machine waste pipe backed up, so did the kitchen
sink. I have an upstairs bathroom (toilet,sink,shower) and a downstairs toilet and sink. The downstairs
toilet sink backed up also. The upstairs bathroom all drains like normal, but when I flush the upstairs
toilet the downstairs toilet lets out a loud gurgling and the bowl fills with dirtier water. But when I
flush the downstairs toilet by itself, it flushes fine, no gurgling or dirty water in the bowl.

I have snaked the pipes from the washing machine side, kitchen sink side, and both toilets and toilet sink.
It helped a little in that things drain slowly now but gurgle a lot. The problem with the flushing of the
upstairs toilet affecting the downstairs toilet has stayed the same.

Any advice is appreciated, I don't really understand the toilet flushing problem at all...

Sounds like you have a blockage somewhere.
Could also be a venting problem.
Do you have a vent to atmosphere or do you have AAV's.

Whatever you've got is not going away and will only get worse.

You will most likely need someone with a drain camera to see whats going on and locate the blockage or other problems.
Best solution is to water-jet the drains and clear them all out, depending on whats causing the blockage

Be prepared for a surprise on what it will cost - none of this comes cheap.

You have a partial blockage downstream of the downstairs W.C, that means closer to the main sewer.

As OZ, it needs jetting and or camera inspection from outside back towards the property

Similar plumbing topics

Managed go get a bucket full of baby wipes out...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Probably your main stopcock is not fitted the...
Replies
Views
J
Typical signs of venting issue. Air not being...
Replies
Views
Back