Blocked toilet upstairs boss blaming users of downstairs toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Blocked toilet upstairs boss blaming users of downstairs toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

D

Deleted member 113109

Hi Everyone,
At work we have a problem with the upstairs toilets getting blocked. These toilets are used by the bosses and the the female staff. We have a toilet downstairs that is used by the warehouse workers and public. The toilets upstairs are getting blocked and the boss is blaming the downstairs toilet users for the blockage upstairs. The toilet downstairs never gets blocked. I can't get my head around how this can happen from my basic knowledge of plumbing. Is it possible or not?
Thanks.

Absolutely possible.

There will be something caught in the drain between the ground and first floor.
Or something wrong with the drain installation.

Tell you boss to get someone in with a drain camera!!

Hi Oz plumber, They did get a plumber in and he did puts camera down. The boss said it came to a Y junction and the blockage (toilet paper) was there on the downstairs pipe going into that junction.
Thanks
[automerge]1585352106[/automerge]
If the toilet downstairs never gets blocked and is operating as normal, yet the toilet up stairs is getting constantly blocked. Its the occupants upstairs who are to blame.

Hi Nelder, Yep since I've been working there this is is the second time the toilets upstairs have been blocked with toilet paper and downstairs has never had any problems. First time I was there to speak to the plumber and he confirmed that the blockage (toilet paper) was due to the upstairs toilets.
This time I wasn't and the boss told everyone the plumber put a camera down and it showed a Y junction and the blockage was there in the downstairs pipe going into that junction.
He called a meeting and blamed the downstairs bathroom users for the $650 bill.
Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
See if you can find out from the plumber whether it is a 45 junction or 85 junction.
85 junctions have been banned on grade for some time now - for the reasons you are stating.

The solution may be that you pour a 20 litre bucket of water down each toilet first thing in the morning.
Just pour it in as fast as the toilet can take it.
That might be enough to stop the problem by flushing out any caught paper

Similar plumbing topics

Managed go get a bucket full of baby wipes out...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Good, keep a note of his number!
Replies
Views
Hi ring your local water company were you pay...
Replies
Views
Back