Blocking toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Blocking toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I hope someone can help with the following problem.

Been called to a house where one of the toilets keeps blocking. The client has no problem upblocking the toilet but would like the problem to go away.

1. The toilet only blocks when it is used by 3 or 4 people over a weekend. Usually just one person uses it and has no problems.

2. Toilet is a double trap siphonic pan

3. The length of 110mm pipework to the soil stack is just under 3 metres, so just
under the limit for length I think?

4. The pipework has 3 90degree bends on it before it reaches the soil stack

5. The pipework drops more than the required 18mm a metre requirement to the soil stack.

6. I have blasted water down the pipe and it appears ok

7. I have also put some "Dam Blaster" down the pipe to clear any blockages.

I would love to have some ideas on what the problem might be. I think there might be too many bends on the pipework, the toilet is also quote old, do you think replacing it might help

any other suggestions would be gratefully received

thanks

Paul

Maybe a bit of wire or the like trapped in drain,from maybe one of those cleaning bulbs you hang over edge of bowl that has fell down drain,you clear and all runs ok t,then gradually over a few days bits catch on wire or object and starts blockage build up again

Take the WC off the wall and check inside / in the pipework for an obstruction. Can the branch be taken off the soil stack boss without too much trouble to check inside?

Hi

Thanks WHPES and Puddle

I have taken the WC apart and drained it and there are no problems there.

I have not physically looked in the pipework, it is possible something could be caught in it, that catches stuff occassionally and it all builds up.

It would mean removing the boxing around the pipework and probably drilling a whole in the plastic pipework to have a look.

I will also try and look in the main soil pipe if there is an access hole

Paul

Can you get a Bailey rod down the soil stack without dismantling everything?

Double trap syphonic do this all the time, swapped one today , try changing the aspirator washer for a better flush , and all the other good advice too. Just a thought

Hi WHPES and Johnmcginty

Many thanks for your advice. I will see if I can get access with the bailey rod.

Also where can I get an aspirator washer from?

Many thanks

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
I wouldn't bother even trying. Water jetters...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Back