blood boiling | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss blood boiling in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just had a bit of a heated debate on a fishing forum , a guy saying how irresponsible commercial fishermen are, and that they all should be "stopped dead" by the government or there will be no bass left in our sea!! he was complaining about a fishing trip he was on at the weekend and that he didn't catch any fish , and blamed it all on us fishing with nets! I explained everything that we do to keep the fishery sustainable, and then he goes on to compare us to Indians hunting the bufalos..........wtf!!! bloody keyboard warriors!! he was saying how he would rather see farmed bass from the Maldives in restaraunts than local bass caught by local fishermen! personally if I go out for a meal if I am on holiday I would rather eat something local than shipped for days from overseas!!

Didn't read all that....I lost complete and total interest at the mention of fishing.

Was it on WSF? I blame the trawlers too, even now that I'm carp fishing lakes!

hahah i don't have much interest in fishing with a rod either mate! i have always been into gillnetting and lobster potting and being out at sea! the hunter coming out in me ha! and with the profit i buy plumbing tools you see, so i can make more money and be quicker at it with new tools, then i spend the plumbing profit on fishing gear so i can make money to buy plumbing stuff.........and on it goes!!!

yes it was on wsf, i also blame the trawlers, but as they are my largest competition i feel a bit of hate towards them ....... like plumbers towards british gas i suppose!!! haha

factory ships and pelagic trawlers will be the death of fish stocks in the end (cant spell pelagic)

it makes me very angry because these naïve little excuses of humans blame gillnetters on it! they are private messaging me now! little keyboard warriors! bet they would not say their views in front of all the fishermen down here!

Pray explain gilnetting.

Not wading into the argument but just wondering if it's a sustainable format of fishing.

I hate the idea of throw back

I have been doing it for years using 3 5/8" size mesh , I have never caught an undersized bass to date, I catch salmon in them witch I have to throw back due to it being illegal for me to land any of, I also catch mullet whe fishing for them that I can sell but for a low price. from 1st of September the legal size of bass that we can land will rise from 36cm to 42cm , and in 2016 the minimum legal mesh size of the nets we can use will be 110mm (so all me nets will be then worthless) but I assume it will be worth it in the end, as the bass we will be landing in the 110mm mesh will be bigger so will have much more chance to reproduce, so we as commercial fishermen do look after the fish stock, we notch lobsters that carry eggs so that iw would be illegal to land them till the notch grows out (5yrs aprox I think), we only have quota to land 50kgs of mackerel per month !! the only thing I throw back other than that is dogfish and small spider crabs, most of the dogfish ar dead, they will only get thrown back in winter months, ill keep them for lobster bait n the summer, compared to big trawlers im very sustainable!!

Didn't read all that....I lost complete and total interest at the mention of fishing.

Straight to the point lol, I stay in a fishing town , n they all men there nets n shot awa, pure fisher talk in the boozers ,,, earplug needed

biggest problem to me is the quota system....throwing all the bycatch overboard is nuts .

biggest problem to me is the quota system....throwing all the bycatch overboard is nuts .

totally agree, can't they keep what they catch and just not go out for as long? or is that too simple a solution?

Until you've been ball-deep in a river during November , fishing for grayling you aint lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

R
And I've just tidied it all up. Answer's...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back