Boile Pressure and Timer Settings | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boile Pressure and Timer Settings in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ilu

Hi,
I have a Worcester Bosch combi boiler(35 CDI)that was newly installed a couple of years ago. Now i have two problems with it:
1. The central heating timer is periodically switched on (at least once every three weeks)even when i set it to 'Off' due obviously to warm weather.
2. The pressure gauge keep droping to 0 even when i've recently fill the system up.
Can you please advise me what the could be causing these problems?

Many thanks.:confused:

Cant help with 1, but 2 sounds like you have a leak somewhere. Have you pressured it up and checked pipeworks and joints ?

Yep got a leak and also some Worcester bosch have a built in feature which will run the system for a short period to prevent the pump failing in summer when not being used, hope this helps.

iLu, try putting a little plastic bag over the pressure release pipe that should be sticking out your wall below the flue outside, sometimes these let a tiny amount past, but over a few days can drop the pressure.
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
  • Question
I had a chattering float valve in the loft...
Replies
Views
Well a week today since boiler played up 5...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage from a dirty system needs...
Replies
Views
Back