Boiler Advice Please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Advice Please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Doing a quote to replace a floor standing hideaway hot water boiler which literally just does the cylinder coil and 2 heating boilers (both Glowworm hideaways).

I normally do domestic and have stuck to Valliant's recently.

I need a boiler to do the heating that is around 70kw. Valliant make one but it is a sealed system boiler and due to the age of the existing pipe work I want to stay away from that and go for an open vented boiler. Has anyone got a boiler in mind that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance

I wanted to fit a wall hung 70kw if poss due to the room. It would be a doddle to get one horizontal flue out. 2 boilers would be a pain fluing wise.
The 70kw I was looking at is a sealed system boiler so was wondering if there are any open vent boilers. Not sure if I would have the head to fit a sealed system boiler without it locking out and don't want to increase the system pressure.
Also when I was on the phone to Valliant tech he mentioned a low loss header. What exactly does this do? regulate the flow to the boiler?
Cheers Safe gas, please could you explain what the secondary heat exchanger would do?
Not ever really done commercial. All I will be doing is fitting the boilers and getting a commercial engineer to connect up.

Low loss is basically boiler to a block pumped then block pumped to system. Like a heat exchanger between boiler and system except same water used in both systems and no separation. Boiler pumps to headder and back, system pumps to headder and back. It avoids thermal shock and evens out
Load.

Thanks Ermin so is it kind of like a restrictor? and can you recommend a decent 70kw boiler at all?

Would say cascade two logic heat only boilers but your right on space ? A concord perhaps? No no a restrictor more like a buffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back