Boiler advise for loft conversion please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler advise for loft conversion please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neddyis200

Hi everyone a newbie ere. I'm looking at doing a loft conversion so I want to get rid of my hot water cylinder and cold storage tanks in the loft. I also want to put in a new boiler as the current one is old.

I plan on fitting a shower in the loft as well as have my current shower and bath on the ground floor. It's currently a three bedroom house. Will a combi work two showers? Will I have to put an electric shower in the loft? Current have 15mm pipe feeding cold storage tanks. Static pressure is 2.8bar . Running pressure 1.4bar with a flow rate of around 21 litres a minute.

Any advice would be appreciated .

If you are having two showers and a combi, how about having one as an electric shower. Not ideal, but nice to have a back up in the event of a boiler issue.

In all honesty a combi is unlikely to provide two showers with satisfactory flow rate's at the same time

Thanks for the replies. What kind of flow rate should I get from An electric shower? Also noticed my boiler has a 15mm gas feed. Do all new boilers need 22mm? I have 22mm coming into the house but no idea where it goes!

You need a gsr to advise on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Test flow rate/pressure of your mains. If it’s...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Back