Boiler Advise | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Advise in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rachel Anne

Boiler.jpg

Hello everyone, I am very close to buying a repossessed property which has the attached boiler installed. Is anyone able to give me some information on this type of boiler, i.e. its age, type, whether it is a good make of boiler, any info would be appreciated. Also, the procedure I am likely to have to through to get it up and running again as all services are cut off in the house, Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Rachel, no doubt a WB guy will take one look at it and tell you very soon.

Discontinued in 2007 so it's 8 years old at least...
It's a combi boiler so it will do your heating & hot water... not a bad model, but it is getting old now... Difficult to say how well it will work until filled up & switched back on.

Probably worth getting a gas engineer to give the boiler a once over, do a tightness test, refill & test it all...

Discontinued in 2007 so it's 8 years old at least...
It's a combi boiler so it will do your heating & hot water... not a bad model, but it is getting old now... Difficult to say how well it will work until filled up & switched back on.

Probably worth getting a gas engineer to give the boiler a once over, do a tightness test, refill & test it all...

+1 but budget for a new one, then you wouldn't have a shock if it fails but if it passes happy days

Thank you! please excuse my lack of knowledge, but am I ok to push forward and get the water supply turned back on before a gas engineer looks at it? I've viewed the house twice and don't recall seeing a copper cylinder, would that make sense with this type of system?

Thank you! please excuse my lack of knowledge, but am I ok to push forward and get the water supply turned back on before a gas engineer looks at it? I've viewed the house twice and don't recall seeing a copper cylinder, would that make sense with this type of system?

yes combi boilers dont need copper cylinders and i would have a gas safe engineer check the boiler first and he will turn the mains stop tap on for a test when hes ready

18 minute reply to a newbie question, probably not a record but still damm good going guys.

Thank you! please excuse my lack of knowledge, but am I ok to push forward and get the water supply turned back on before a gas engineer looks at it

Would be best to have the water board turn the supply on BUT have the stopcock in the house turned off, never know what`s been removed or damaged inside and would hate for you to flood the place before you move in.

Would be best to have the water board turn the supply on BUT have the stopcock in the house turned off, never know what`s been removed or damaged inside and would hate for you to flood the place before you move in.

or the boiler to fire and might do bad

or the boiler to fire and might do bad

In light of this I`m thinking also to have the gas isolated inside the house before the gas supplier reconnects that.
There is a I`m looking for a ............. section on the forum if you want a good guy to take a look for you Rachel.

In light of this I`m thinking also to have the gas isolated inside the house before the gas supplier reconnects that.
There is a I`m looking for a ............. section on the forum if you want a good guy to take a look for you Rachel.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Thanks Shaun, I reckon she could find it on her own. lol

Yes thank you, will update to let you know the outcome, probably be a few weeks though, thanks again

best to assume the worst and bear that in mind when putting an offer in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sensocomfort with outside temp sensor. RF or...
Replies
Views
J
Doesn’t matter aslong as it’s not running /...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Back