boiler and cooker clearance | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler and cooker clearance in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mojo123456

Hi
Can anyone help please?

when I had a Ideal H30 boiler installed in my kitchen the engineer advised I cant have a cooker near the boiler, the old gas cooker was in the same area as the boiler but it was chucked out before the installation.

I have an electric mini oven hob I am using temporarily and I wish to know has this got be within a certain distance from the boiler?

I cant remember now, but, can anyone tell me why there has to be a distance thing and does it only apply to all cookers or just gas?

Is it because of steam? evaportion or what?

Certainly hope someone can put me right on this.

many thanks in anticipation

untitled.JPG
Easier than explaining it. No combustible materials in the shaded area.
Even if you were outwith the shaded area directly above it certainly wouldn't do much for the life of your boiler.

Many thanks for your speeedy reply, sorry not quite with you, its a small mini oven and 2 ring hob, electric, so does this count as combustible?

the boiler situated on the wall obviously and the cooker is 10" away from it, is this too close?

If the boiler is 10" above it then yes. It is really just a bit common sense. Move your cooker. Steam and grease is not going to do much good to the boiler is it?

yeh but its not directly above it, like I said its 10" away to the right of it and 10" above, so is it still too close?
Thanks

ok thanks for that, its only a temporary situatuon for now, I apprecite its not ideal I havent anywhere else for the cooker to go as yet, its only a little mini oven and hob, I shant be using the 2 rings on it much as I have a table top 2 ring hob situated elsewhere in the kitchen, so it will be mostly the oven in use and not that often really. I wanted to somehow send a pic of it to explain better.
How about I enclose the boiler? and are there regs regarding encloser?
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got more than CCN1? You would need...
Replies
Views
What about a metal blanking plate?
Replies
Views
If he's cautious, the plumber will want to...
Replies
Views
The boiler is just responding by limiting the...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Back