Boiler and hot water tank position | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler and hot water tank position in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I am looking at getting a new boiler with an unvented hot water tank.
The positions available to me are limited by the fact we are part way through a very slow self build extension and the discovery that a previous extension was built over a gas pipe meaning that we have to have Cadent out to move the meter position and also our current boiler is very much on its last legs.
The most convenient positions I want are for the boiler to go in the garage and the hot water tank it the loft. Will this cause any issues with performance? Are there any other downsides to this arrangement?

Not really just depending on cylinder orientation it might need a de strat pump eg horizontal cylinder

Also check with your structural engineer that the roof / base is able to take the weight

The weight of it is an important factor
Room for maintenance and eventually replacing
Cables between the boiler, cylinder and controls
Keep pipework well insulated
Pipe it with a balanced cold for showers and mixer taps

Similar plumbing topics

B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Is it worth replacing a Potterton gold 9kw...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back