Boiler and water pump | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler and water pump in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

let me set the scene

boiler in downstairs kitchen
Water pump? (red thing in airing cupboard upstairs)

the pump is loud enough to hear downstairs the drone or humming is noticeable and The boiler fires upat the same timethis all happensif heating ison or not

the pump gets so hot you can’t touch it any longer than a second, it runs stops for a second then goes again

If I had to put numbers on it I would say pump runs at least 18 hours a day on and off

the boiler fires up like every 5-10 mins too

yesterday I was out the front and smelt gas which I believe came out the flue Don’t often smell gas though

any advice do I need it looked at,
Thankyou

Perhaps turn your boiler off, turn your emergency control valve off (should be where your gas meter is - if you have one?) and either call emergency service as Keefy suggested or call a gas safe registered engineer for the 2 issues.

Safety first deal with the smell of gas isolate your boiler and your gas supply at the gas meter control valve and contact the emergency services as above , then employ a GSI to test your supply and the pump issue . Kop

Similar plumbing topics

You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
"While zone 2 is running if I turn up the...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Back