Boiler banging noises | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler banging noises in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello forum, my boiler woke me up in the morning about three weeks ago. It was making very loud banging noises and the pressure gauge started going crazy from 2bar to 2.5 bar. So i reset the boiler was working normal again.

Now today it done it again, I think both times either the hot water or the central heating is on it has done this, It was making a loud banging noise and the pressure gauge started rocketing up and down.

the boiler is about 5 years old and its a
[h=3]Alpha CD24C/32C [/h]range

and a system boiler.

Im not too sure what it could be, but im thinking maybe the expansion vessel.

Sounds like it's the prv doing its thing. Best get someone in :)

Thanks for the quick reply, if it was the PRV, wouldnt the pressure drop? it seems to be the same

also the PRV is set at 3 Bar

Last edited:
It depends, there are a lot of potential factors, and always hard to diagnose without seeing it.

it doesnt sound like its kettling, more like a bad airlock banging lol.

Ill get a engineer to replace the pump and see how it goes

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Is the boiler pressure ~ 1.0/1.5bar if a...
Replies
Views
Hounsfield are great boilers, but dont do a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, my boiler starts to make some loud...
Replies
Views
@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
Back