boiler bother - Halstead Hi Ace | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler bother - Halstead Hi Ace in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vickster

I have a Halstead Hi Ace boiler for HW and CH - probably 6 years old, serviced only last month, new diaphragm fitted for hot water also. Water pressure usually at 1.25 bar rising to 2.5 when the heating comes on. Problem is over the past couple of days i've noticed the heating going off after about 1.5hrs, the heating led indicator stays on and the power led flashes. If i then run some hot water for a few minutes the heating kicks back in and works fine! What gives? :confused: Any thoughts? Should i get the plumber back who serviced it or is it something i can deal with?
Cheers in advance

Sounds like a expansion vessel issue and over heating poss ntc

Thanks Gas Man. Whats ntc mean, is that a technical term? Is 6 years old for a boiler of this type?

Thanks Gas Man. Whats ntc mean, is that a technical term? Is 6 years old for a boiler of this type?

ntc is basicly the thermister ch i would go for but it may just be the ev causing it to kick in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
B
Sounds like a sticking microswitch in the zone...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Back