Boiler breakdown courses??? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler breakdown courses??? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi everyone

I am just about to complete my ACS with gas logic and currently work for a local heating company in essex.

The problem I have is that I struggle with breakdowns and the bulk of my work is new installs......

The chap that I work for is very good in my opinion but feel a breakdown course would help me greatly.

It's hard too learn from someone when you have a customer peering over your shoulder and your bosses phone goes every two minutes!

can any recommend a good one in london/essex or anywhere for that matter- I'm shocked that i can't seem to find one.

Get your self booked in at BAXI-3days can be done indivualy but better together!
Day 1-Basics-use of multimeter etc
Day 2-Looking at boiler operations and differant parts and what they do
Day 3-Workshop-Diagnosing faults on working boilers and combining what you have learned.
The course is generic so they are giving you info which applies to all boilers not just Baxis.

Very good course and tutors- I used Warrington but there are other centres too Dartford is one.
There is also a 1 dayer on traditional S & Y plans.
£70 a day but there was a discount for booking online but its a couple of years since i did mine so givem a ring!
Most other Manus courses only teach you about certain Brands and models so this is a good starter!
Also very enjoyable good facilities and food.

Courses are all well and gd but theres no substitute for on the job experience, learning from yourself and from your mistakes (there'll be quite a few at the start and it still happens the odd time with yrs of experience)

From what I've heard though the baxi course is a gd place to start

As per Mbear. You can always phone manufacturers when on a job and they'll talk you through things. Remember ALWAYS do the basics first, pressures Gas rates etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
I'm not professional plumber or engineer so...
Replies
Views
Back