Boiler breakdown training needed. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler breakdown training needed. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad_stoke

Gas Engineer
Hi all. I'm newly qualified in gas. However I want to learn about boiler breakdowns and diagnostics. At the moment all I do is installations etc and don't have a clue about boiler breakdowns or how or where to start. Please could anyone help me.

I am gas safe registered.

Baxi do a 3-day course which is excellent. Day 1 basic electrical principles and safety. Day 2 looking at how combis operate, startup sequence etc. Day 3 fault-finding with a multimeter.

http://www.baxi.co.uk/trade-resources/training/boiler-diagnostics.htm

Not just applicable to Baxis, they teach general principles which apply to all boilers.

Other than that get on as many manufacturer's courses as you can. Most are free but you lose a day's money.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy the mr combi dvds , there pritty good if not much experience on breakdowns , bearing in mind theyre for combi boilers , good insight on how to test stats, n parts and use your multimeter,

Hi mate, manufacturers courses are good. Honeywell also do a course on controls, wiring etc which is all good to know, they also give you all wiring diagrams for fault finding. Danfos do a similar course for free

Anyone been on a biasi course. I am in the process of booking it but haven't had any feedback. I don't want to take a day out and for it to be a waste of time?...

I have looked into this but I think it's quite expensive for 2 dvds. I have bought the John Reginald one but as am new I'm looking for cheap or even free lol

Get on a couple of worcester courses, try the junior combi and the cdi, then you have covered 2 different types of heat exchanger etc on two of the most popular boilers (like it or not)

Hi all. I'm newly qualified in gas. However I want to learn about boiler breakdowns and diagnostics. At the moment all I do is installations etc and don't have a clue about boiler breakdowns or how or where to start. Please could anyone help me.

I am gas safe registered.

I was in the same boat, best thing is woodies boiler breakdown courses in Essex you can do quiet a few different courses and do a 1&1 training which is great and they do sat sessions so if u work for some one atleast you don't need holiday /time off,at the time I did a few 1&1 sessions and a group session which built my confidence big time now that's all I do is breakdowns and love it!!do some installers now and again ,before it was 80/20 installler breakdowns,now its the other way;but breakdowns are the best.good luck and never fear any breakdown as if you think about it with the right info from the customer(easier said then done) your get it sorted!!!

That's a bit far for me Essex.... I am in Staffordshire.... I am definitely looking into the Worcester bosch course as I've heard good feedback about it. However the Essex one is about 2.5-.3 . hours away. Thank you for advice tho. I will look into other training courses... Valiant... Biasi.... Vokera... Anyone been on these courses? Thanks in advance

Hello
I have done the woodies training day, done 2 days, learnt a lot, well worth the effort to get there, now much more happy to go to a breakdown, before would just say " sorry too busy" money and time well spent.

Noddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Cadent can only guarantee 14mbar in periods of...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating...
Replies
Views
In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
Back