Boiler broken Worcester 24cdi | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler broken Worcester 24cdi in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All

Boiler does this morning.
Made some fairly major clanking noises then started letting steam out of the vent at the top.

About 30 seconds later it stopped and all the lights on the boiler started flashing. Tried resetting it, and after 3 seconds of it starting up again it died entirely.

It’s a Worcester 24cdi and is probably somewhere between 15 and 25 years old

Someone mentioned it may be the heat exchanger.

Do we think this is likely to be a repair job or a new boiler.

Many thanks
Chris

I'd assume it could be repaired if it's heat exchange and the manufacturer still makes the parts.

However, given its age, I think I'd be getting your heating engineer replace it for one that will be a lot more efficient than that one.

I'm not a plumber or heating engineer, so hang on for replies from the guys who are. But I'd guess they'd suggest replacing it fully if it's your own home, repair if possible if it's a property you let out or whatever.

Thanks, will await more replies

If it helps, it’s my own home. I think it’s heading towards replacement anyway unless it’s a cheapish fix. But not a great time for it to go (but then when is)

Could be something as simple as the pumps goosed but best get a gas safe engy in to diagnose

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Worcester normally have a section in the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Update: I couldn't get hold of a heating...
Replies
Views
Back