boiler change quote | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler change quote in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
last two weeks 1-gas hob and one leaking overflow pipe only i had . but then 10 called calls i think from customers for boiler change quotes . must have spent many hours working out a price as most were system upgrades like taking floor standing kingfisher and fitting new heat only and new cylinders and power flushing and changing over from open vent to sealed systems !
any tip how to spot them time wasters and don't even bothering with them !

When they phone ask them as many questions as pos' Have they had many quotes? Are they looking for quality or price? etc
If they say price I tell them , I|am not going to be the cheapest, so I don't bother!

wouldnt bother with the flushing end up causing loads of problems,ad put TF1 on instead

"causing loads of problems" can you be more specific on your experience.....never had any problems ......ohhhhh sure I did it was to do with old valves ever since if I flush I always change the valves first !

had a few jobs where been flushed and if 10mm pipe the sludge and cr*p blocks the pipe and can never seam to get them unblocked without changing the pipe also any bits of solder that have pits in them that have sealed themselfs over the yrs usually works its way out and leaks everywere on the joints or rads plus gets in all the valves and usually end up changing them so for me its usually better to fit TF1 dont bother with mangniclean as loads of problems with them after 6 months just wat ive come across,suddenly all that loose cr*p floating about that hasnt come out then gets in the boiler altho each to there own mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Back