Boiler changes | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler changes in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does everyone power flush before a boiler change? Or is each install assessed on its individual circumstances.

It's good idea to power flush an old system before new boiler fitted , then flush after install and add inhibitor

depends whats there already if its a sealed system and fairly new looking probably not if its an open vent system nearly always theres no obligation to powwer flush most boilers ask that the system is cleansed

powerflushing a one pipe system or a microbore system with twin entry valves would more than likely be unsuccessful.
alot of the time though, it comes down to whether the customer is willing to pay for a powerflush.

powerflushing a one pipe system or a microbore system with twin entry valves would more than likely be unsuccessful.
alot of the time though, it comes down to whether the customer is willing to pay for a powerflush.

exactly

Go in a week before and drop some cleaner in. Flush it out, fit the new boiler, cleaner again, flush and final fill with inhibitor.

out of interest, like for like combi swap and a flush

what are you charging ?

i allways flush, i have lost out jobs because i powerflush or manga cleanse but in one case a women got a price from me went to someone else, the boiler breaks down ideal turn round and said no to repair ask me to look at the boiler, went up and said needed a powerflush which i did charged her a bomb and made her fit a mangaclean.

and as i am leaving she said this has cost me in the long run instead of just getting me to do it

Every time. Mind if I connect up and the tds is low then we don't go the whole hog. On sealed systems this is almost guaranteed as long as they have been sealed from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Consult your installer, they might want to fit...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
Back