Boiler choice required please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler choice required please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello, just wondered if anyone has any recomendations.

I am doing a quote for a new boiler, have worked out what the customer is going to go for and I need a boiler to meet the following requirements:

5 year warranty
Able to have 2x 45 degree bends straight off the top of the boiler
Cheapest price possible.

Any ideas? cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

I am doing a quote for a new boiler, have worked out what the customer is going to go for and I need a boiler to meet the following requirements:

5 year warranty
Cheapest price possible.

Any ideas? cheers
whats the budget for the boiler?

every merchants i go in has 5 year ,7year 10 year warranties plastered for jus about every boiler now ( other than worcester)

Theres no real budget GM, I can just tell the customer will go with the cheapest boiler quote offering the best warranty.

I have gone through my usuall as in recomending a Valliant/Worcester but customer doesnt want to know, he just wants cheapest.

Not all boilers have a 5 year on them, e.g Glowworm Easicom. Also I suspect there may be some boilers that wont allow 2x45's straight off the top.

Theres no real budget GM, I can just tell the customer will go with the cheapest boiler quote offering the best warranty.

I have gone through my usuall as in recomending a Valliant/Worcester but customer doesnt want to know, he just wants cheapest.

Not all boilers have a 5 year on them, e.g Glowworm Easicom. Also I suspect there may be some boilers that wont allow 2x45's straight off the top.
potterton titanium same as duotec 1 you can bring to 45 out the top you have a pm regarding prices

but customer doesnt want to know, he just wants cheapest.

Not all boilers have a 5 year on them

The cheapest decent boiler I can think of with 5 years warranty is the Ideal Independent +. Don't want to post a price on the forum though - will PM it.

I can't remember the fluing MIs though - but can check in the morning.

Thanks GM and cheers Ray, I think the Titanium will loose me the quote as someone will probably go in with a cheaper boiler.

The Ideal is around the right price but thats for a good reason, there rubbish, still, getting closer. I have tried looking at the MI's for it but cant find out if you can use 45s straight off the top.

just surprised that someone with your amount of posts / thanks etc would be on here asking a boiler price warranty question

I never normally fit cheap boilers and have never had to come straight off with 45's. I normally just do breakdowns and servicing so its only in the last 6 months I have really got into installs.

The logic is alright, no worse than a Worcester physically. Seem to be holding up alright from what I've seen. 7 year warranty I'd be surprised if someone else isn't quoting for one.

just a point, has anyone actually used the 5 year guarantee succesfully ?
and to the OP, ime still loving installing the remeha avanta range. good quality boiler and reasonably priced

and to the OP, ime still loving installing the remeha avanta range. good quality boiler and reasonably priced
baxi potterton i have found are excellent in there 5 year warranty as long as a valid gas certs available saying its been serviced

I cant see many manufacturers honering the warranty, I think it's more of a sales gimic. I agree, the last 8 boilers I have fitted are Remehas but they no longer offer the 5 year warranty on the 24c, they only do a 2 year. They do a 5 year on a 28c but thats getting into Worcester/Valliant terratory.

Logic looks like my best bet. Anyone know if you can use a 90 then 2x45s straight off the top?

5 year warranty
Cheapest price possible.

Any ideas? cheers

ideal Independent only 2 years

Ideal logic+ giving 7 years warranty.

ideal Independent only 2 years

There is also the Independent + which is 5 years.

The difference in price between the Logic + and the Independent + depends on the size - if you are going for the 24kw, the Logic+ looks good value, if you are going for the 30kw, then you are paying about £50 - £70 more for the year 6 and year 7 warranty.

If you are confident that you are going to still be in the house, and keep the boiler properly serviced and therefore enjoy those extra 2 years warranty, then £50 odd quid is pretty reasonable. Otherwise, you may as well choose the Independent +.

Horses for courses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Logic+ looks better than independant and it also comes with that nifty blowoff pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
Test flow rate/pressure of your mains. If it’s...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Back