boiler choice | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler choice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparra1100

hi all have a bigish job coming up the house is having an extension it has 2 bath rooms 3 ensuites plus a cloakroom with a toilet and sink and a utilaty room 17 rads and may need a couple more bloke wants a combi i was thinkin of a worcester 440 highflow or a 550 highflow but could even go down the unvented root have even considered wether a 42 cdi would do it just looking into the optionas as the bloke recones he might use to bathrooms at a time anyone else come across this anyone any ideas or thoughts what they would do am swayed to the 440

Don't go for the combi

Unvented would be my personal preference and then suitably sized boiler

Same here, unvented would be my choice too. I fit a vaillant 937 combi in a big house with 15 rads before christmas and hes happy with it. But theres now only two of them in the house and he assures me they have no plans to move and only one bathroom is needed at once. It was his choice, he's the customer, I gave him the options...he made the decision.

A combi wont cope with the hot water demand with 2 bathrooms and 3 ensuites. If there are that many bathrooms I'm guessing theres a fair few people living there and all likely to want to use hot water at same sort of time in morning and evenings. Unvented would be best for this.

I would go unvented , but if he desperately wants a combi, then the vaillant 937, if he has a wall capable of taking it, or the big Qseries Atag 51 kw.
Or have a look at the rinnai twinflow. Basically a instantaneous water heater, coupled with an atag heat only boiler, but major benefit of these is that it can be fitted to usual u6/g4 meter.
If you go combi then fit wondervalves with suiatble flow restrictors in them, on each outlet, so it doesnt rob the hot water from shower etc.

its not that i dont no unvented proberly would be better,but theres nowhere for the cylinder to go even tho its a new extension because its already be done bu the plans and would mean changing them and more expence a worcester 440 is 20 litres a min and the 550 is 25 ltr min so if thats not enough i dont no what is,plus the bloke wants a combi prefably

its not that i dont no unvented proberly would be better,but theres nowhere for the cylinder to go even tho its a new extension because its already be done bu the plans and would mean changing them and more expence a worcester 440 is 20 litres a min and the 550 is 25 ltr min so if thats not enough i dont no what is,plus the bloke wants a combi prefably

If he insists mate and you've given him the options, draw up a contract for him to sign waiving any comebacks for design or installation flaw and fit what he asks for. That's what I do in the same circumstances, sometimes customers put you in impossible positions, and you have to PYA at all times.

What about a ideal istor?

What about a ideal istor?

not into ideal mate wouldnt fit one given to me,dont no much about the glowworm 170 mate would have to read into it why do ye both mention them boiler, do ye not rate the worcester i dont myself but carnt see anything else with a high flow rate

Last edited by a moderator:
The intro has a 230 l store rather than the smaller in a worcester

I rate the Vaillant 937. Nice easy fit, just need a good strong wall to hang it on as the depth if i remember right is almost 600mm, the only thing I didn't like was the crappy internal filling link so I left it in and put an external one in anyway.

what about two boilers ? one in extension ?

ye thats an option already got a 30kw in, dont no what tho and how old and was thinkin of 42 cdi with it wont no properly till go the job but just exploring options at the mo

fit whatever they want , just mention on your quote that is not you that has made decision over type of boiler/system to fit !

What about a viessmann storage combi? they come with either a 100litre or a 180litre internal store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
G
Need to remove the boxing could be a bad boss...
Replies
Views
Think you'd be lucky if you get 15. Got to...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Back