Boiler condensate into dedicated stand pipe - is it safe? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler condensate into dedicated stand pipe - is it safe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I have read a few posts on here discussing sharing a washing machine stand pipe for the boiler condensate pipe and the risks of washing machine waste water backing up into the boiler etc., but I recently seen something that I can't find any discussion on so thought to start one.

It was a combi boiler installed on the wall, directly above a stand pipe, with the trap above the floor and exiting out of the wall into the next room and then into the stack.

Not seen it before and I thought it was quite nice and tidy, no risk of freezing, no external factors to consider and gave me ideas for other properties where it could be a good way to do it.

The condensate pipe came straight out of the boiler and into the open stand pipe.

Question is, does this comply with all the relevant regs/guidance?

I understand that the condensate pipe is technically part of the flue, so given that it is going into an open stand pipe, is there risk of POC gas being vented inside the property, and also will the boiler produce enough condensate to prevent the trap from drying out?

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

I wouldn‘t have thought it would be permitted as yes technically the condensate pipe is part of the fluing system and if the condensate trap ran dry, then products of combustion (POC) could enter the room where it’s located.

It’s ok aslong as the internal trap is the correct seal normally says in the manufacturer instructions can be installed via an internal air gap etc

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
    • Love
@Ric2013 your comments about PP and CP are...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
Theres nothing so fanciful on these traps...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
I think what you are looking for may be in...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
Back