Boiler condensate pipe leaking at joint | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler condensate pipe leaking at joint in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello I have a condensate pipe that appears to be leaking at the joint.

How do I fix the leak? Would something like plumbers putty around the joint work or does it need to be some other compound? Can I simply pull the pipe and joint out and then put the compound round it

Thanks

Does the joint pull apart? Might not have been glued etc

It doesn't pull off. I checked for any splits but it is definitely coming out of the joint. I think its PVC cement that I need? Maybe just put it in as far as I can without taking it off. Any thoughts?

So you will need two coupling an elbow and a length of pipe in overflow and some solvent cement

Similar plumbing topics

ah mb then
Replies
Views
In a one-pipe heating system with a condensing...
Replies
Views
The electrics are getting sorted Wednesday...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
That's the difference with a professional...
Replies
Views
Back