Boiler condense pipe? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler condense pipe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Is there a specific length of condense pipe you can't go above? Or as long as it's down hill is it ok? The reason for asking is the boiler has to go at the front of the house but the only drain is to the rear. Custard wants cheap, so pump is off the cards.

What about freezing

Soak away is a ball ache as there's concrete all around the edge of the house.

Why not try a Salamander condensate neutraliser £25.00 Replacement bag insert every yearly service only £7.00. Available from BES.

I don't think the neutraliser is a solution here I've still gotta get it to the rear of the property as that is where the drain is.

Is there no w.c or bathroom between the boiler and the outside drain bearing in mind once neutralised doesn't have to go to a drain it's not corrosive.

There is a bathroom to the back of the house put its all tiled. The rain water pipe at the front doesn't go to a drain either it just empties on to the front garden.

Is there no w.c or bathroom between the boiler and the outside drain bearing in mind once neutralised doesn't have to go to a drain it's not corrosive.

I thought it still had to go to a drain, or do you put a plant pot under it ;)

I know they still have to go to a drain. Just wondered if there was a internal waste anywhere inside the house.

Grundfos conlift is only about £45. By the time you faff about with such a long run it'll cost more in labour than the cost of the pump!

Thing is, even with a pump it's still gotta go up in to the loft, across the loft and either down in the bathroom to the basin or to outside and down to the drain. Easiest option is a soak away really but I've not used one before.

Soakaways are a piece of cake. Hire a breaker for a day. If you're anywhere near East London you can borrow mine..

Thing is, even with a pump it's still gotta go up in to the loft, across the loft and either down in the bathroom to the basin or to outside and down to the drain. Easiest option is a soak away really but I've not used one before.

But you need to know what's under the concrete eg any pipes water elec etc

Birmingham. Thanks anyway. Do the soak aways have to be a metre from from the house and a metre down. I know you can buy the kit.

Just run the pipe 6m, upsize to 11/2, lag if needed and put an air break in.

Soak away is 500mm from foundation and down enough to put soak away in with lime Stine chippings at the bottom and around the sides. Definitely not a metre down. More 500mm again

Soak away is 500mm from foundation and down enough to put soak away in with lime Stine chippings at the bottom and around the sides. Definitely not a metre down. More 500mm again

I thought it was 400mm from foundation? But yeah definitely no deeper than the height of soakaway!

as soon as you go outside you must upscale to 32mm, the max 21.5mm pipe you can use is 3meters. if they want cheap 6 meters of 32mm is the bottom line you will find. or get a condensafe and drop it into a small soakaway at the front.

Where's the kitchen? Is in not feasible to run it to the kitchen waste?

The kitchen is to the rear of the house directly under the tiles bathroom. Everything other than the condense is fine, just an issue with the condense.
Option 1 is to go straight out the front of the building and down to a soak away.
Option 2 is to take it under the bedroom floor and out the side of the house round to the back and into drain.
Option 3 is fit a pump and take it into loft and over to the bathroom.

Unfortunately there's not a single drain at the front of the house, just a rain water pipe that terminates above ground into the front lawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
It’s ok aslong as the internal trap is the...
Replies
Views
Back