Boiler constantly firing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler constantly firing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nzmanc

I have a glow worm boiler that suddenly is firing every few mins then going out. Ive looked at the pump and that is not working either. Unless im mistaken the boiler will switch off if there is no flow via the pump but why is it firing up in the first place. There is no demand for either CH or HW from the programmer.

I have a glow worm boiler that suddenly is firing every few mins then going out. Ive looked at the pump and that is not working either. Unless im mistaken the boiler will switch off if there is no flow via the pump but why is it firing up in the first place. There is no demand for either CH or HW from the programmer.[/
combi?

Sorry no its not a combi, regular boiler. When I switch in off then on again it fires up straight away, pump isnt running, even if i do give it a demand

One thing that may be connected. The two port valve to the CH is stuck in the open position

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry no its not a combi, regular boiler. When I switch in off then on again it fires up straight away, pump isnt running, even if i do give it a demand

One thing that may be connected. The two port valve to the CH is stuck in the open position

youve probably answered your own question change the valve see if that clears the fault

just change the stepper motor on the port.
screwfix if not local for about a £10er

stepper motor?? Do you mean the synchron motor. Ive checked that and there is resistance there which suggests that its ok. Im assuming if the valve is stuck open that will create a demand but the pump will not run??
Thanks all

motor valve jammed open aux switch in motor valve calling for heat, pump should cut in but is not ,boiler fires cant loose heat reaches set temp turns off ,check the wiring system

Thanks David. The wiring has been in place for a long time and no probs. The permanent live to the board is in via the clock which is unusual. Ive had it switched off overnight and turned it on this morning and all seems fine. If its a longer term issue i will replace the valve in full but that will be an issue in itself as it has been soldered onto the pipe into two tees unbelievably and access is difficult. Nothings ever straightforward :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Someone has said, he wouldnt of plumbed it as...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back