Boiler constantly increasing pressure. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler constantly increasing pressure. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys,
So a couple weeks ago I had a problem on my boiler where I was losing .1 of a bar of pressure every two days and the built in filling loop knob wasn’t allowing any water back into the boiler. So a plumber came out and replaced the filling loop valve because there was a blockage of some sort, the filling loop now works, however with it closed tight the boiler is increasing about .1 of a bar everyday and I’m having to release pressure through one the rads (there is also a problem with the prv in the boiler where the previous owner has tightened it so much to stop it leaking, and it can’t be undone without possibly snapping it) is there anything that can be done other than the prv being replaced? Apparently it is build into the motor and it would be an expensive job that I can’t really afford.
Thank you

remove the filling loop hose
Hi, there is no hose on this boiler I’ve got a picture of the filling loop inside the boiler

4D91F171-492B-4208-8D13-CBEB4AE99941.jpeg

Similar plumbing topics

You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
The two red valves with brass caps on eg the...
Replies
Views
if when you have run the c/heating then its...
Replies
Views
thank you, good tip, I will try
Replies
Views
Back