Boiler constantly on still after new 2 way Actuator | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler constantly on still after new 2 way Actuator in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

red6

Hi Folks,

My Glowworm MK II boiler is constantly on even though the control panel is off. I had a guy come round and replace the 2 way actuator for the hot water as he said that was stuck open. Now, even though that's been replaced I've still got the same problem making me think the actuator for the heating is also stuck open. I've taken the actuator off and as soon as I did the spring returned it to the normal closed position. Then, remounted this and turning on the circuit the boiler and pump were off, however I got the opposite problem where neither came on(!) Manually opened the actuator and boiler kicks in but doesn't stop....back to square one. Is it best to try changing out the other actuator or check the electrics? I just want to see if there's anything I can do before forking out another £60 for a component that might not be faulty

My central heating is an open circuit with a Honeywell (brand new) and Drayston ZA5 (potentially faulty)

Cheers

so the boiler is receiving a voltage supply to be on.

therefore something is faulty, a multi meter will determine where the supply voltage is coming from.
so its a case of working back to identify what is at fault.
you can go on to honeywells website and get every conceivable wiring diagram which would help to see how everything works in relation to everything else.
That only works on the preconceived notion that the wiring is conventional and correct to start with!

and get the plumber back, he has not resolved anything.

Going by what he said I'd say the valve spindle is sticky.

Take the head off and try turning the spindle until it eases up. There's a possibility this could create a leak round the spindle but it depends on how brave you're feeling....

Room stat stuck in NC. Remove thermostat cover disconnect neutral wire or room stat call wire. If the programmer is off and boilers firing..

Wee update - managed to have a look at the actuator and it turned out the cog wasn't turning all the way round to press the switch for the heating. Fixed but now I've noticed that the hot only works when the heating is on....
I'm gonna presume that must be a wiring problem as that a brand new actuator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Has it always done this? Sounds like a wiring...
Replies
Views
R
Is this a shower type pump, or heating pump...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Just the light on the control panel. I haven’t...
Replies
Views
Interesting, I've also got a Wunda manifold...
Replies
Views
Back