Boiler constantly on | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler constantly on in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rp53

Hi,

I have a query about my boiler. It is always on, regardless of the thermostat setting and the boiler is making a constant whooshing noise.

My boiler system is a Heatre Sadia Megaflo.

Thanks in advance.

Heatrae Sadia megaflo is an unvented hot water cylinder not a boiler, is the thermostat you are talking about the one on the immersion or is it the on your boiler which is what possibly heats your central heating and heats the water in your megaflo?

Thanks for the reply... sorry, I'm not very clued up so bear with me.

The megaflo cylinder is upstairs and there is a boiler downstairs which is connected to the thermostat as well as a separate programmer/timer.

The problem is the boiler stays on even if the thermostat is off, and also if I set the CH/HW on the programmer to 'off'. As a result, the megalfo cylinder is making a constant noise.
The pressure on the cylinder is set to 1.5 which I think is correct?

Heatrae Sadia make electric flow boilers too. Bit of pointless information for you there!

Could be a faulty motorised valve causing your problem.

Oh and you're probably talking about the pressure of the heating system. I'd suggest you call a pro...its not like you have a leaky tap. Somethings are better to leave to a proffessional.

from the way you are talking it very well appears that this is a bit out of your league, and you should get a pro in to look at the system. at least now you know that you have a Megaflo hot water cylinder not a boiler, good luck getting it sorted.

ok thanks for the info. Reason I asked was because it has happened once before but it somehow sorted itself out.

prob a wiring fault somewhere, risky looking at it yourself, get an expert

Thanks for the reply... sorry, I'm not very clued up so bear with me.

The megaflo cylinder is upstairs and there is a boiler downstairs which is connected to the thermostat as well as a separate programmer/timer.

The problem is the boiler stays on even if the thermostat is off, and also if I set the CH/HW on the programmer to 'off'. As a result, the megalfo cylinder is making a constant noise.
The pressure on the cylinder is set to 1.5 which I think is correct?

No pressure in these, just an air bubble,zone valve may be stuck... is the boiler downstairs on all the time???? if not I would suggest that you check the immersion is not switched on..it'll be an external switch on the wall.

No pressure in these, just an air bubble,zone valve may be stuck... is the boiler downstairs on all the time???? if not I would suggest that you check the immersion is not switched on..it'll be an external switch on the wall.
Yes the boiler is always on... only switches off if I turn it off from the mains.
I've called a pro, so hopefully they can fix it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Except the pump menu has other settings then...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
Back