Boiler courses | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler courses in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all, I was wondering how useful the courses hosted by Worcester Bosch , valiant , baxi are worth taking in terms of increasing knowledge and breakdown repairs or is there a course in the London area that any of ye would recommend?? Thanks

I have been on Baxi Duo Tec, Worcester Greenstar Jnr, i Series and Si range courses and had a technical talk on the Ideal Logic. The Worcester course was the best, they gave us lunch, took us in to the factory and I learnt a fair bit. The Baxi one was also great, they did more technical stuff with multi-meters. They gave us a buffet, which was good too. The Ideal one was a bit pants compared.

The only thing I will say is that I've never paid for any of the courses, the company I work for pays. So can't really comment on value for money etc.

these courses can be ok but are normally just a good chance for the manufacturer to convince you their product is superior to others

these courses can be ok but are normally just a good chance for the manufacturer to convince you their product is superior to others

I agree but when you're new to boilers these courses save much heartache and embarrassment - and they help you to do a better job.

Yeah I'm new to boilers, installs obviously not a problem and basic work is easy enough but I'd like to get a fairly in-depth knowledge of how they work etc

the best thing is to cut off your arm bands and jump in the deep end lol its the best and only way! if you get stuck ring the tech for what boiler your working on

try combination boilers fault finding & repair book. john reginald. best £26 i've spent

Yeah I seen that book too think I'll have to get it now. thanks

It's a good book and worth the £26. Another good tip, after doing a boiler swop take the old boiler home strip it down and use your multimeter to play about with the wiring, you can check resistances of thermisters, fans etc, create short circuits and just generally get a feel for fault finding while there's no pressure of a customer standing over the top of you.

Oh yeah, I only took the nuts clips and screws out that's a good tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This question has been discussed a couple of...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I'm looking to change our boiler as part...
Replies
Views
Alan Humphrey
A
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
oh, i see
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
Back