Boiler cutting out when cold water introduced??? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler cutting out when cold water introduced??? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cooper.s

We got a call to a caravan the other day basically when the customer used the shower it was heating the caravan after going to diagnose the problem we found that what was actually happening was the boiler was cutting out and dumping the hot water into the CH, the park that sold the caravan told the customer they could have a new boiler so that was then fitted but the problem carried on we have narrowed the problem down so basically the DHW works fine untill any cold water is introduced into either the same tap or a different 1? There is a thermostatic tap in the shower which we thought it could be so that was replaced and we have put a non return valve on the DHW outlet but now were lost as problem is still persisting.
Any help is much appreciated

What make boiler is fitted ? sounds like you have a crossd hot & cold water supply or linkd together !

What make boiler is fitted ? sounds like you have a crossd hot & cold water supply or linkd together !
a Worcester came out and a Morco went in and got the same problem on both, we have checked the full installation all the colds are fine and all hots are fine no crossovers etc

Are you losing flow rate through the boiler when the cold is turned on?

This seems strange, is the filling loop on the cold main / return ?

we found that what was actually happening was the boiler was cutting out and dumping the hot water into the CH,

Do you mean water from the mains that has been heated is being drawn in to the heating circuit or that when a cold tap is opened heat for the plate heat exchanger is passing in to the heating circuit.

If it's the second then I have had it before where the cold was robbing from the hot supply pulsing the flow switch allowing heat in to the heating circuit.

Just give it a go with filling loop disconnected,and see what happens ! worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
thanks for your help
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
Back