boiler expansion vessel help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler expansion vessel help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marc110

Hi guys new here. Ring the landlord to fix the boiler and he thinks its the expansion vessel, the bar goes from 1 to 3 in under 15mins and it never used to do that also cuts out randomly ( other times it just stays on working normally but with the pressure on 3 bar.)

Now the problem is he can't fix it for a few days and the gas fire is also broken ( no gas coming out lol)

The question is i have no heat at all can i still use the boiler over the weekend ( because the home feels like I'm sitting in snow) or will it explode or worse?

The make and model is Ferroli modena 80E and its about 15 years old at least.

Thanks.

Ok to use, if pressure goes over 3 bar safety valve should open , 15 year old ferroli needs replaceing

The landlord is legally obliged to provide you with an alternative heat source, so maybe if you mention that to him, it will get sorted quicker?

Have you got an up to date landlord gas safety certificate? It sounds like the landlord is on the cheap!!

Ok to use, if pressure goes over 3 bar safety valve should open , 15 year old ferroli needs replaceing

Thanks for the reply. The landlord will just fix it on the cheap likey with a guy who is retired like always. The floor broke once and he reused the floor borads with one old retired man done the floor and its not even flat.

Landlord is lets fix it on the cheap. Cheap is all he cares about.

The landlord is legally obliged to provide you with an alternative heat source, so maybe if you mention that to him, it will get sorted quicker?

I have two gas fires one works in a room which has no door.

Have you got an up to date landlord gas safety certificate? It sounds like the landlord is on the cheap!!

Nope he used retired guys who he pays cash in hand. He also uses a company who are totally useless

Your best course of action is to call in gas safe to give your proprty an inspection.

Do it now before the landlord costs you your life.

Good god this man is braking the Law big style, do you know what he can get if reported ?? have you thought about moving ? you could even be attending your own funeral, Find some where else to live then report him

Thanks guys i will do that what you said.

I just need to know one other thing. How much bar are you meant to be into a ferroli modena 80E I found out before that if i lower the heating a bit it only goes up to 2.5 from 1. In past i used to put 1.5 to 2 in and it used to go up to 2.5 max no matter what heat was set.

Going to get this sorted early next week thanks for you help guys.

Why does it? If it's faulty but can be fixed at a price much less than a new one I don't see a problem

First These boilers were rubbish amazed its lasted this long (My opinion) The more important issue here is the fact that the Landlord is not obeying the law & putting lives at risk, if you read the post he is using unqualified people to do repairs, who knows how safe things are in this property, & how meny others does he own that are in the same condition

Thanks guys i will do that what you said.

I just need to know one other thing. How much bar are you meant to be into a ferroli modena 80E I found out before that if i lower the heating a bit it only goes up to 2.5 from 1. In past i used to put 1.5 to 2 in and it used to go up to 2.5 max no matter what heat was set.

Going to get this sorted early next week thanks for you help guys.

Is he going to use the same unqualified people to do he repair, Mate do yourself a favour and find somewhere else to LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

ah i see what you mean, just need something...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
Back