Boiler Expansion Vessel Question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Expansion Vessel Question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I have a Glow-Worm Easicom 28 boiler and i had to get a new 8 litre EV (expansion vessel) for it, which has arrived.

i did check with the seller to ensure the new EV was correct for my boiler and he said it was.

the query i have though is, on the original faulty EV, on the sticker, it says the precharge amount is 0.75 BAR

on the sticker of the new replacement EV (pictured below), it looks like the precharge amount could be 1.5 BAR ?

is this a problem? can the replacement EV just be put in or does the pressure for example need to be changed?

sticker.jpg

Nope just lower the pre charge to one bar and you will be fine for the heating system

Eg via shrader valve

thanks for the response, im guessing i have to buy something to show me the amount of pressure at the shrader valve, if possible could you point me in the right direction of what i need to purchase, or the name of the item i need?

Yes you got a tire inflator car ?

Similar plumbing topics

If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Let your gas safe engineer source the part...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
Back