Boiler fault finding | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler fault finding in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get all this information from boiler manufacture for free. get on some free boiler courses.

From what I've read I would say it's worth a tenner if your not very experienced in fault finding, I find most boiler manufactures training days never live up to my expectations, best one I have ever been on was a mobile WB one outside PTS approx six years ago, told us about fan pressures and the need not to strip down greenstars unnecessary and how to adjust co2 etc on the various models, backed up by handouts of the fan & co2 settings of the model range

The Vaillant level 1 ecotec is very basic, I had to sit in on one recently and all they got to do is play with the D codes.............

Baxi Duo Tec course is good. I've been every year for the last 3 years. The company just sends me there, so I get paid to sit and go back over the same old stuff.

electric gas and water are my first three checks its amazing how just making sure all three are present can save time and dont belive anything a customer tells you times ive been trying to sort out why a boiler wont light and the tennant tells you yes theres gas i topped up yesterday when you go to meter it turns out they are in arrears and yesterdays tenner has all gone

electric gas and water are my first three checks its amazing how just making sure all three are present can save time and dont belive anything a customer tells you times ive been trying to sort out why a boiler wont light and the tennant tells you yes theres gas i topped up yesterday when you go to meter it turns out they are in arrears and yesterdays tenner has all gone

No gas at metre was the main fault with HA properties!!

Second best one I went on was Glowworm via City plumbing, not very informative but good food and credited £100 City plumbing account

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have resolved the issue. I bought a set...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
Back