Boiler fault. Gas valve ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler fault. Gas valve ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Evening all,

I am the unfortunate owner of a very large gravity fed floor standing gas boiler. A few days ago the boiler decided not to come on when there was demand. The pilot light remained on. After a quick look over and attempted relighting the pilot light went out and would never stay back on.

A new thermocouple was installed by an engineer but the pilot light would still not remain alight. The next step was a new gas valve. The pilot light now works correctly but the boiler will still not fire. There is no gas passing through the solenoid inside the valve to the main burner. The engineer is now stumped and doesn’t know where to go next.

I’ve had a look over the boiler myself, there is 240v coming into boiler, then through the boiler thermostat meaning that is closed circuit and working. Then there is 240v to the gas valve. The pump and two zone valves also work. When you initially power the system the pump and valves open, the gas valve then clicks but still no gas to the main burner.

Any suggestions?

I would agree with Simon G there. If the Engineer is stumped by this, then I would be a bit nervous. You would be better off finding an Engineer with more experience by the sound of it.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
C
Weird thing is if I use boost to put heating...
Replies
Views
B
Did you find a resolution to your problem? We...
Replies
Views
Back