Boiler fault | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler fault in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted some months ago that I have an Ariston e-combi condensing boiler and after having the expansion vessel replaced I had to turn the heating up all the to achieve the same temperature from the radiators I'd previously had with it on much lower. I never really got to the bottom of that but as it's been summer it's not been an issue. In fact it's not been on.

However, I now have a more serious issue in that the boiler keeps shutting down and needs resetting when hot water or heating is demanded. The fault codes are, first ignition failure, second ignition failure then no flame detected. Sometimes the is coupled with a loud clicking/ticking noise that I can't pinpoint. It sounds a bit like a relay clicking really quick but seems to be coming from the area where the pump and diverter valve and pump are located, rather than the front panel when the PCB is.

It will eventually fire for hot water but then can shut down again after a few minutes - sometimes you can get a bath full, other times it shuts down before the sink's full.

During the ignition process it will sometimes fire burner light comes on for a second or 2 before it shuts down and needs resetting, other times it doesn't fire at all.

Obviously I need to get someone in to look at it but would like an idea of what the likely fault is before they try and tell me otherwise

Thanks

You need a recommended gas safe registered Heating Engineer.

Ask to see proof of I.d. ( gas safe card).

It could be any one of a thousand things !

Last edited:
As above. Have a little faith in your chosen gas safe registered engineer.

We can't give advice on boiler repairs on an open forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
"While zone 2 is running if I turn up the...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Back