Boiler fires up when heating off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler fires up when heating off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello. Wouldn’t if someone could help.

I have a boiler Downstairs in utility with a separate hot water cylinder upstairs in en-suite.

hot water is turned off at the controller, central heating is on at controller but thermostat is below room temperature. boiler is still firing up and running, 2-3 radiators close to the boiler are warm but rest of the house is off.
Is this due to a sticking diverter valve.?

kind regards and Thankyou for any advice.

2 port or 3 port? Could be the valve, could also be the stat

Thankyou for the reply. There is 2 valves. Both 2 ports I think. I have limited knowledge of this sorry.
I assume the stat is okay as it’s just a Honeywell analog stat. Does click on and off okay. When on all radiators warm up but when off they all cool down apart from a couple that are staying constantly warm.

have attached a photo of the airing cupboard where tank is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 18
Thankyou for the reply. There is 2 valves. Both 2 ports I think. I have limited knowledge of this sorry.
I assume the stat is okay as it’s just a Honeywell analog stat. Does click on and off okay. When on all radiators warm up but when off they all cool down apart from a couple that are staying constantly warm.

have attached a photo of the airing cupboard where tank is.

Yes you have 2 2 ports my friend, one for HW, the other CH. This is an electrical issue somewhere so advise you getting a competent guy/girl around. Firstly I'd be checking in the wiring centre to see if stat is actually shutting down, if it is I'd be checking if the end switch is sticking keeping a live to boiler.

Similar plumbing topics

I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Back