Boiler fires up when toilet flushes | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler fires up when toilet flushes in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aquariusplumb

Been called out to a job. Baxi platinum combi fitted in airing cupboard next to bathroom. Green led for hw comes on when toilets flushing but not until cistern has filled up and ball valve shuts off. I thought straight away the new bathroom fitted has a pipe crossed to the wc but then I took the syphon out to constantly fill the toilet and boiler didn't fire up. When looking at boiler noticed pressure was down so topped that up and that knocked the green led hw on boiler so I'm thinking the pressure in the house is affecting the boiler and there's no crossed pipes! Any thoughts or suggestions??

No and the boiler never fires up even after letting toilet constantly fill for 10 mins. Led comes on as soon as ball valve shuts off

No. Pressures fine just at first it was little low off customer bleeding rads before I got there

You may have to trace the supply pipe back,because the boiler is supplying a demand for some reason,unless it is a boiler fault

Problem is its a new bathroom and the floors just got tiled last wk. I dnt want to be taking up tiles if its not a new bathroom plus I know the plumber who fitted it and he's clued up and doubt he would cross pipes. The fact the hw led came on when I turned the filling loop on makes me think its nothing to do with the toilet. Is there a max cold water inlet pressure for a baxi platinum?

Is wc connected to the heating circuit?

The pressure will drop when water's removed from the heating.

Your going to have to get a gs reg plumber in to check the boiler out

No the pressure on heating is fine, hot water is fine, only issue is when cold feed to the toilet, filling loop gets turned off the led on boiler comes on. Boiler doesn't ever fire up. I am a gs reg plumber

If pipes are fine and pressure is fine it must be something in the boiler

Is wc connected to the heating circuit?

The pressure will drop when water's removed from the heating.

No the pressure on heating is fine, hot water is fine, only issue is when cold feed to the toilet, filling loop gets turned off the led on boiler comes on. Boiler doesn't ever fire up. I am a gs reg plumber

Oops! Sorry, I mis-read your initial post! :smile:

If the bathroom has just been done and the problem has just started is there a dead leg on the hot water side? Just enough water movement to trigger the flow switch?

stick a pressure reuducing valve on the incoming cold main and a hammer arrestor on the wc feed, sudden jolt when wc is filled will cause the boiler flowswitch to activate so reduce mains pressure and hammer arrestor will stop the jolt effect. fairly common problem on newer combis. I am presuming that a backflow preventor and expansion vessel have also been fitted already on the dhw side iaw manufacturers instructions to prevent the problem your getting :)

see section 6.8 para 3: http://www.baxi.co.uk/docs/Baxi_Platinum_Installation_Instructions2.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
M
You can easily change the flush volume and see...
Replies
Views
Back