boiler firing once only | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler firing once only in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mahadev

i have potterton 16-22 boiler whih was find untl a few days when i switched on heating and water it would not work. it was fine when i
wanted hot water.
now the boiler comes on once only and it does not come on until
the system is cold eough i.e. 1/2 hours later. the pump seems to be
working. on inspaection only a tricle of water comes out . the pipe from
the pump to the divertor value does not heat up full length. can some one help me as to what could be wrong with the syatem. i.e. pump,
divertor valve or something wrong in the boiler
DeV

Check that you have enough water in the system.Sometimes the ballvalve in the header tank is stuck,or the cold feed could be blocked ,normally where it tees into the system.This problem is usually because there is air stopping the water flowing away from the boiler or the pump is not working properly.

Hi , I will try your suggestion tonight or tomorrow morning. the header tank has enough water and the ball valve is working ok. i will try the rest and see what happens
Dev

Is the diverter valve opening, put your boiler on and see if lever on the side is free to move back and forth. If not try pushing it open hot water might travel further up the pipe. If not opening on demand then this will need replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
Back