boiler firing up when toilet flushed | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler firing up when toilet flushed in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrplumberman

just fitted a new loo.when you flush the toilet the boiler fires up.the guy i going bush.any help?

don't see how it can be the diverter valve, as the diverter valve should be in the hot position when not in use.

water turned off to replace the bog, dead leg somewhere now full of air there's your issue IMHO

the boiler is a vokera flowmatic.checked for air locks and run off water from all taps and bled the rads what else can it be.?

has the system been converted from a cylinder,cwsc,bbu/wm set up to a combi?

i believe that vokeras have differential pressure switches in them, it might be mis-reading the pressure drop, can you be a bit more specific on the model and I'll check the manual?

its a 40/80 flowmatic.the cwsc was feeding the shower until we put in a new electric one.the cwsc has been put in the skip now.

haven't got a manual for a 40/80, got a manual fro a 20/80 though and within the operation sequence description it states

'Opening a draw off tap will operate the dhw differential pressure device which in turn operates the the 3-port valve and the dhw flow switch'

I'd have my money on this being the cause, if the wc is now off the mains it would give a pressure drop that the boiler would pick up, I'd suggest making sure that the ballvalve has a high pressure jet in it and maybe throttle back the service valve a bit otherwise the boiler might need a bit of attention

should i fit a prv to the cistern then?
that might be a little overkill, sure it'd probably work but it'd cost £25+ plus your time, check the wc jet first, how quick does that toilet fill? If it's super quick then it'll be the jet for sure if not then I'm fairly confident that it's a fault in the boiler...or it's an apalling supply, maybe try a dynamic pressure test, pressure gauge on the kitchen cold tap then get someone to flush the toilet or run another tap...just thinking out loud here...

hi had this [problem on a baxi 28, it needs a mini expansion vessel cutting to the main water supply near the boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
T
Sounds like a siamp inlet valve. Picture would...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage somewhere. Time to call...
Replies
Views
Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
Back