Boiler flame keeps going out | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler flame keeps going out in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

n2w

Hi All

I have a Worcester 28I RSF Boiler quite old

it has started to have the following issue

We turn the heating on/or shower or both and it works fine for a period of time then the house/water gets cold we realise the radiators are cold or get very cold in the shower.

When i get to the boiler it has no flames or pilot light on but the fan is spinning and it sound as if its working just no flame.

If I power the unit off and back on it all fires back up and may run for a few minutes or a couple of days before the issue happens again

The pressure is at 1bar

Any ideas how to fix this issue or what is the casue

All help appreciated

Thanks

Neil

It was due to be serviced last week but they never turned up so no not serviced in the last 8 months

Hi All

I have a Worcester 28I RSF Boiler quite old

it has started to have the following issue

We turn the heating on/or shower or both and it works fine for a period of time then the house/water gets cold we realise the radiators are cold or get very cold in the shower.

When i get to the boiler it has no flames or pilot light on but the fan is spinning and it sound as if its working just no flame.

If I power the unit off and back on it all fires back up and may run for a few minutes or a couple of days before the issue happens again

The pressure is at 1bar

Any ideas how to fix this issue or what is the casue

All help appreciated

Thanks

Neil

could be air pressure switch, but get a gsr mate

had this problem the other day, with one of my other houses went to service the boiler was working before touched it, serviced it and then just about to put it back together and flame kept going out, sorted it out though bish bash bosh, get a Gas Safe Registered Guy/Girl In Mate they'l sort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

..Thanks, i am wondering if we can keep the...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
A plume management kit could be fitted to the...
Replies
Views
Back