Boiler Flue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Flue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi. Could you tell me if a flue that exits a wall horizontally for approximately 8cm and then goes upright at 45 deg for another 8cm is legal? I was wondering if the flue could get blocked or let in a lot of rainwater.

Thanks.

Better with a photo.
It's not necessary 'illegal' to pass through a wall but a lot depends on how, why, to and from what, as well as other things.
Thanks. It's not so much the passing through the wall but the angle of the flue and possible impact on the boiler that interests me. I will post a photo tomorrow.

Attached are images of the flue in question.

Attachments

• 20210216_115805.jpg
    20210216_115805.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210216_115741.jpg
    20210216_115741.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 26
That’s normal the end piece can be turned and locked it’s to allow the plume not to be a nuisance any rainwater just flows back down and out with the condensate

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Hello, Ben this is what I thought as it seems...
Replies
Views
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
P
As above through the roof. Also I doubt that...
Replies
Views
T
Do a slightly dodgy job and let the extractor...
Replies
Views
Back