boiler flue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler flue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phillip

hi i have a potterton gold boiler that when i turn a cold water tap on either in bathroom, kitchen or outside then turn tap off the boiler flue motor then turns on. any ideas?

flue motor?????????????? think you mean the diverter motor you have a deadleg on the hot side causing this fault

Hi thankyou for the advice, i understand a dead leg is basically a length of pipe that has been capped off, is this correct and also could this therefore be anyway in the property. If i find this dead leg is it simply remove the pipe back to where it has been joined. Will this dead leg cause any major problems with the boiler if unfound.Thanks phill

Hi thankyou for the advice, i understand a dead leg is basically a length of pipe that has been capped off, is this correct and also could this therefore be anyway in the property. If i find this dead leg is it simply remove the pipe back to where it has been joined. Will this dead leg cause any major problems with the boiler if unfound.Thanks phill
its normally where the old cylinder is cap it off lower down normally a dead leg is caused by the leg being full of air

leaving lots of 22mm runs in the house can cause it as well in an ideal world all your hot water pipework should be in 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks a lot for your help
Replies
Views
Is it worth replacing a Potterton gold 9kw...
Replies
Views
J
Boiler broken down, pay for BG cover, can't...
Replies
Views
I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
Back