boiler - Gledhill boilermate | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler - Gledhill boilermate in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris H

Can anyone recommend a boiler to install to work alongside a Gledhill boilermate thermal store?

whats the system requirements?
i'd recommend a quinta, but i always do !

2 bathrooms, cloakroom, kitchen, utility and 13 rads. Do condensing boilers and thermal stores work that well together?

Last edited by a moderator:
thermal stores work with any boiler, wood burner or not condensing !!
your post is to vague, what are you after and why ?

Existing boiler has died and need replacement. Gledhill thermal store exists. Only i keep hearing and reading condensing boilers don't work that well with thermal stores, do you think this is not the case?

I would have thought they would work well with thermal stores due to spending alot of time in condensing mode?

best advice on a gledhill boilermate,bin it if the customer can afford it,they are crap loads of problems with them recently, go unvented with a potterton performa system all you need to do after install is service the boiler and being a band b its easy

Good advice from gasman, as existing system will have, presumably, 22mm main and sufficient pressure swap would be relitavely straight forward

Customer already strecthing it financially with the boiler and can't afford much else, but if no-one can see a problem with a condensing boiler working with the existing system. Then i think that's the best solution for them.

Make sure you can re fill system usually the cold feed is totally blocked on these type of thermal stores then they burn pumps out

Customer already strecthing it financially with the boiler and can't afford much else, but if no-one can see a problem with a condensing boiler working with the existing system. Then i think that's the best solution for them.
ive got a boilermate fitted and its great, is it the tall cylinder one with two pumps on the cylinder ? if so any non system boiler will power it just match output to existing some of the later ones have three pumps and electonics fitted these are the more troublesome ones

gas man iv got a boiler mate2 and im not geeting asmuch hot water as i normally get.. i notice one of the pumps makes a noise when the heating is on.. id appreciate it if u could shed any light..

could be a pump,plate heat exchanger,thermistor ,pcb the boiler mate is very unreliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure why you'd want to keep the boilermate...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Over heating a thermal store is a waste of...
Replies
Views
It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
Sorry I made the wrong assumption! The gas...
Replies
Views
Back