Boiler grants | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler grants in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've been trying to find out some info about possible grants for installing a central heating system for my nan and grandad, but all I can find is conflicting information so was wondering if you guys would be able to point me in the right direction?

They are both well into their 80's and live in a 1930's end terraced house with solid walls and no central heating system at all, they heat their house with a gas fire in the living room and a combination of electric fan heaters and panel radiators as my grandad has always been against having a proper central heating system installed, this also means the only hot water they have is provided by an electric water heater over their kitchen sink and some huge gas powered water heater over the bath, so in all very antiquated and inefficient, they also have no insulation whatsoever!

My nan has recently been in hospital and is now in a care home undergoing rehabilitation before she comes home as she had lost most of her mobility, and so they are having to make improvements to their house to allow her to come home, and one of the things they're now considering is getting a proper heating system installed which my grandad has asked me to look into but am not having much luck, they are on various benefits but all I can find is some websites say that all they are entitled to is free insulation and some say they can get a whole system installed free but want contact details which isn't really ideal as I don't want my grandad being bothered by sales people talking about stuff he won't understand!

So if anybody could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, Carl.

Why don't you give them your contact details, so you can shield your grandad from the sales people?

If you're based in east London I could put you in touch with a charity that does this kind of grant application.

Thanks, I've done that already but it keeps going on about "green deal" which I understand is a loan rather than a grant?

Thanks, I've done that already but it keeps going on about "green deal" which I understand is a loan rather than a grant?
There is also the https://www.gov.uk/energy-company-obligation (ECO) scheme.

You should also check if your parents' Local Council has any grants available.

AgeUK and Citizens Advice may also be able to point you in the right direction.

Although the Green Deal is not free, you can claim back money for some things (https://www.gov.uk/green-deal-energ...ack-from-the-green-deal-home-improvement-fund).

The cost of the GD is repaid via the Electricity Bill. The good news is that, when you move the new owners take over the payments as you are no longer benefiting from the improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Back