Boiler has no filling loop? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler has no filling loop? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenWesty

Hi guys. In need of some help so have come on here to see if anyone can tell me what I need to know.

Basically the other day our boiler lost pressure, so yesterday a repair guy came out and sorted it all out. New boiler is needed due to something wrong with something to do with compression (As you can guess I have no clue about any of this) and he said until then I will need to keep regularly topping up the pressure and showed me how to do it.

Now because he was showing me everything in an awkward corner of a cupboard, I didn't see exactly. But there is only two valves in there, one is the stopcock the other is a simple looking vavle that can only be turned 90 degrees to what I would assume was an open position, so I figured it was all simple.

However the boiler has just dipped below 1 bar pressure so I went under and turned the valve expecting the pressure to go up, and nothing. Looked on the internet and everyone is talking about filling loops, which the repair guy said nothing about and I cannot see a filling loop un the cupboard where he was showing me how to increase the pressure.

Any advice?

Thanks

EDIT: Never mind, ignore this! The filling loop was hidden behind part of the wall, and what I thought is the stopcock (or just is the stopcock) needed to be turned as well as the other valve, then it the pressure started to increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind, ignore this! The filling loop was hidden behind part of the wall, and what I thought is the stopcock (or just is the stopcock) needed to be turned as well as the other valve, then the pressure started to increase.

Thanks for your help and apologies for wasting your time!

From what you're saying it just sounds like the expansion vessel has failed, so before you have the expense of a new boiler, when it possibly doesn't require it, get you heating engineer to test the vessel first

The fella is sorted look above your post CHK
From what you're saying it just sounds like the expansion vessel has failed, so before you have the expense of a new boiler, when it possibly doesn't require it, get you heating engineer to test the vessel first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The two red valves with brass caps on eg the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
if when you have run the c/heating then its...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back