boiler ! heating system pipes roasting to the touch! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler ! heating system pipes roasting to the touch! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rezlerken99

hi folks,

Any help on my problem would be very gratfully accepted ! as my wife has a lawyer on standbuy if this fails!

Problem is boiler is heating the water in the system to a point after 5 mins of water circulating through the system that the pipes from the boiler to the 3-way are nearly to hot to touch!also the Rads and the boiler shuts down for 20 mins or so then the cycle starts again.

Fully pumped ,Indirect,vented system

Ideal mexico rs 485 boiler
Wilko pump (Settings on 2)
3-way Drayson Ma1

The 3-way has just been changed and the pump was taken apart and checked also had a spark change the capacitor just incase and the system cleaned and flushed, But the water drained off clean after the treatment so I dont know if its done its job or it needs another go?

just had a new boiler thermostat installed aswell
same problem!

any help Thanks
Rez

A bit of advice.....don't touch the pipes!:rolleyes:

Ok so boiler overheating in short time then stat causes shutdown. Demand still on so boiler refires when stat senses cool after 20 mins or so.

Sounds like a circulation problem. Occasionally happens with airlock when drained and refilled. However was the 3way zone valve a like for like swap? Or has a 3port been swapped with a 3port mid position.and has the wiring been checked and double checked because pumping against a closed port would give you your symptoms

New boiler stat is functioning as it shuts down boiler when it overheats.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a heating engineer would be of more use to you than a spark and a lawyer.

sounds like a circulation problem but as a stranger on the internet without any knowledge of the system and what work has been done its hard to give you any advise other than get a local engineer to take a look.

you could ask the lawyer to get involved, are your sure they know how to fix heating systems??.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Back