Boiler/Heating system pressure loss. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler/Heating system pressure loss. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

parrot&glue

Hi All,

New on here although I have been reading the last few days.

I had a Potterton Performa 24 Eco HE Boiler fitted 4 years ago, never had a problem, I have a British Gas Homecare agreement just in case as my last boiler was a NIGHTMARE!

Anyway, had a new bathroom fitted last week, (including new towel rail), so the system was drained. Now seems to be losing pressure but settling around 0.6 bar? Is it possible its just finding its level again?

Had a British Gas engineer 'round today, (annual safety check), I asked him to check but he couldn't find any leaks in boiler, I have checked the release valve myself over the last few days, seems bone dry...

What would you suggest next? Check the new towel rail connections? (which are unfortunately now boxed in...)

I have checked the radiator valves, all dry... I live in a ground floor flat plastic pipes/concrete floor, so unlikely to have been nibbled. Just odd the problem has started since the bathroom has been fitted.

No air in the rads that I can see, hot top to bottom, hmmm, confused...

Any advice/assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Back