Boiler help for Landlady please. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler help for Landlady please. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Izzycam

Hi there, I wonder if I could ask, what would be the ideal choice for a reasonably priced combi boiler for rented properties (small 3 bed 1 living room, 1 kitchen houses).
I have been using the Ferroli 24b for years and have decided against getting anymore, as the waiting time for repairs and service is diabolical.
I would also like to ask, is it worth me going through a rep direct as I need quite a few and would obviously like to save some money.
Thanking you kindly.

youd need to be buying huge amounts to be honest to get any decent deal via a rep.. What does your plumber recomend, we all have our own thoughts and views on different boilers. The reason i ask about what your plumber recommends is it will be him installing and looking after it. some of the boilers (if fitted correctly and legally) have 5 years guarentee, i am asuming this is the type of deal you would be after?

Maybe worth contacting ferroli rep
You may get a free fleece that you can give the tenants to ware for when it keeps braking down !
:D:cool:

Imho

Ha! Ha!.....your not too far wrong there.
Anyone recommend any boilers that are really reliable, but reasonably priced, come on you plumbers I'm counting on you.

Have a look at the range of boilers from Main. Reasonable price, well made and reliable.

glowworm boilers are value for money, Best of a bad bunch in that price range. I offer two boilers to domestic customers, I recommend Viessmann Vitoden 100w and if moneys tight i offer them the Glowworm flexicom, 90% of the time they go for the Viessmann.

I am a landlord and have started to fit potterton gold in my properties, so far very pleased and highly recommended

Jay

Baxi 105He's are fairly good we stick them in for the landlords locally

Surely its in your intrest to spend a few quid on a decent boiler like a viessman or vaillant etc.

Saving money on the price of a boiler is false economy really as you'll end up paying more in the long run.

It may be expensive but I'd always buy the best if I could.

Yes, I think your right I do need something that will stand the test of time, is there anything around the £800 Mark that would be good enough do you think.

Definitely "Main" boilers for value and their aftersales service has to be the best out there in my opinion.

vaillant good boiler one in next door 24kw running 7rads and the place is like hell!!!! always to hot, they just don"t set the rads, sorted it once, next week and they had opened them all up AGAIN!!!!!! good boiler

OK, so we have valliant and Potterton in the running so far.How are they for after sales and quickness and ease of getting spare parts......Please

potterton and main part of baxi so a massive back up in heatteam and parts are readily available and competitive

Most folk on here hate ideal boilers but the Ideal logic is a cracking boiler at a decent price

fitted loads of main combi's (baxi badged as main) in rented's, very reliable easy fixed and good price

I usually recommend Electric Boilers electric cookers and tear out any gas fires to landlords, and they usually take my advice. because over the years it will save them a fortune on landlords gas safety certificates.

Dont know what the others on here think but i fit Worcester Bosch.
Im an approved installer and so can offer five years parts and labour guarantee, there aftersales is second to none.
Of 56 Boilers fitted last year only 2 went down, Both were faulty fans. After speeking to worcester they told me they had a batch of fans that were faulty and they thought they got them all before they left the factory.
But both boilers were repaird the same day the fault was rang in, which in my mind is good service.
At the moment they are doing a deal for the next 2/3 months where you get an extra year guarantee, so 6 in total.
Have a look on there website for your local installer or if near manchester give me a shout..

We used to soley do Worcester for about 18 years but since we've been offering Main as a cheaper option, we've got more jobs, made more money and had fewer problems! They are now our favourite and try to do them every time.
They only go to 30kw output but may be bringing out a 37 which would be fantastic. Now if we don't find something in the Main range that covers our needs or a customer wanted top of the range, the first place we would look would be Baxi as they're similar with the same "heat team" backup as previously stated.
Worcesters back up and their reps have been very good to us, but still not a patch on Main!

hi. i would recommend vaillents or worcester bosch, they are reliable boilers with good guarantees. or perhaps looking at cheeper end maybe gloworm ultracom or pottertons. but always remember you get what you pay for:cool:

This is the same dilema I have & we fix boilers I have a lot of houses & yes in the past cost was king not any more get fed up fixing them .
The Baxi or the Main are good for the price but what ever you do fit a magnaclean £85 & free to fit if a new boiler going in if your charged more than £20 on a boiler install then tell him he his greedy .
If you want to fit & forget the viessmann comes in at £930 with 5 year parts & labour & still need a magnaclean there made for years of service so if you look at long term definatly a good buy they are reliable ,the baxi is £600 1 year ,But do you want to spend £900 probably not .
Its a hard choice I would not buy a Bosch to hard to service & really do need servicing the Vaillant or Viessmann have stainless steel heat exchangers & dont realy need cleaning very often .
The Aluminium heat exchangers need cleaning every year & some are hard very hard to clean .
Not much help but a little .

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
I read you wanted to go through the rep I think you should say how many you think you need because I dont think they would be intrested unless your in seriouse quantitys they dont like upseting there retailers & your idea of a lot & theirs is two different things .
I purchased 25 last year at one go I didnt get a lot of movement on price .they all say they work on tight margins

I think I need to forget the rep discount , as it looks like you need to order hundreds to get any leeway on price, which is fair enough, they have to try not to allienate other suppliers.
I think I will also look into Main, I didn't realise, Potterton, Main and Baxi, were all under the same umbrella company, silly me.

Just like to post a big thank you for your help, looks like I'll be going with Main. Great site! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Sensocomfort with outside temp sensor. RF or...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
C
That's good to know - thank you
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Back