Boiler Help Please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Help Please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ixape

Hello,

I have an ecotec pro 24.. It has three lights on the front of it. The lights are like this in the same order..

Red - Amber - Green

The green light always used to be on.. but now it isn't? Why? The boiler still functions

That green light that used to always be on, means that you had the preheat function activated. This means that the boiler constantly heated the small amount of water stored in your boiler, so that when you opened your tap you'd get hot water quicker.

This means that the boiler could be wasting gas by heating up water when you're not there, at night, etc.

Your saying you've not noticed any difference, if that is the case then there is nothing to worry about.

You can easily turn this function back on should you wish to do so.

Your installer should have explained all this to you.

That green light that used to always be on, means that you had the preheat function activated. This means that the boiler constantly heated the small amount of water stored in your boiler, so that when you opened your tap you'd get hot water quicker.

This means that the boiler could be wasting gas by heating up water when you're not there, at night, etc.

Your saying you've not noticed any difference, if that is the case then there is nothing to worry about.

You can easily turn this function back on should you wish to do so.

Your installer should have explained all this to you.

Hello,

I've now noticed a difference after the boiler hasn't been in use for a few hours. If it's been used recently then there is really no difference. Please could you tell me how to switch it back on?

Turn the hot water knob (top one I think) to maximum briefly and then back to the temperature you want, this should turn it back on again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks again! Will try to find out!
Replies
Views
If its a quick fix then a callout will be £70+...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Hello, Ben this is what I thought as it seems...
Replies
Views
Back